Prince Andrew is reportedly amassing a $12 million war chest to launch a legal case against sexual assault accuser Virginia Giuffre in a bid to force her to withdraw the allegations — and possibly apologize — in court.
In a civil lawsuit filed in 2020, Giuffre accused the Duke of York of raping and abusing her on three occasions in 2001, when she was just 17 years old.
Although Prince Andrew has denied any wrongdoing, he agreed to an out-of-court settlement paid to Giuffre in February 2022 amid pressure from Buckingham Palace to distract from Queen Elizabeth II’s platinum jubilee. There were headlines.
The settlement amount was reported to be between $3.6 million and $14.8 million.
Ghislaine Maxwell claims Prince Andrew, Virginia Guipher photo is ‘fake’, has ‘no memory’ of pair meeting
An unnamed royal source told The Sun: “Andrew has always insisted he is innocent and he wants to finally prove it in a US court.” “She was pressured to settle the matter to avoid shadowing the platinum jubilee and has paid a heavy price personally and professionally.”
“King is more than happy to have her take on the role,” the source said. “As head of state, he cannot publicly back her, but Andrew is still his brother, and he wants the best for him.”
The Telegraph reported that Prince Andrew consulted his lawyers after dropping a separate sexual assault lawsuit against American lawyer Alan Dershowitz in November.
Seen as an “extraordinary development” by the Duke of York, Giuffre admitted in court documents that she “may have made a mistake” in claiming that Dershowitz abused her as a teenager.
The Mirror reported that one of Prince Andrew’s top lawyers told him he could “forget it,” advising the Duke of York to turn against Giuffre and that he should “just feel grateful that he is not in prison”. are not.”
Although he has also denied settling allegations of sexual abuse, Prince Andrew was stripped of his military title and charity protection and ordered not to use his HRH title. His new legal battle against Giuffre could set off ripples for the Duke of York’s eventual return to royal duties.
In her first interview from behind bars after sentencing aired Monday on TalkTV, Ghislaine Maxwell, who served 20 years in a Florida federal prison for her role in a scheme to sexually assault and abuse multiple underage girls with Jeffrey Epstein, Has been Over the course of a decade, claims that the infamous photograph depicting Prince Andrew and Giuffre in their London home in 2001 are “fake”.
The disgraced Oxford-educated socialite also alleged she had “no recollection” of introducing the pair.
Click here to get the Fox News app
In a sit-down interview with the BBC’s Newsnight in 2019, Prince Andrew had previously denied meeting Giuffre and claimed the photograph of the two at Maxwell’s home may have been doctored.
The Duke of York is reportedly receiving funding for a new legal battle against Giuffre after he and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson sold their Swiss chalet last year for around $12 million, The Sun reports. The Queen reportedly left several million pounds as an inheritance to Prince Andrew.
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.