A curious Australian child discovered a snake nest with 110 eggs from several deadly snakes in a family’s yard while chasing a deadly snake.
Snake catchers from the Wildlife Conservancy were called to a home in Sydney, Australia, on March 9, where a family said they had a snake problem. At one point, the family said there were at least ten deadly snakes crawling around their yard.
,[They] The Wildlife Conservancy said in a Facebook post that they had a problem with the brown snake, which we get a lot, but this one turned out to be a little different.
Wildlife officials responded and began digging in the resident’s yard where 110 eastern brown snake eggs were found. They believe the eggs may have come from several female snakes over the years.
America’s strangest alligator encounter: 10 shocking stories
They also assumed that the females formed a communal or chose the annual nesting site. Under a slab of concrete, Wild Conservation also found a 3-foot red-bellied black snake — another deadly snake — and a 2-foot-long adult eastern brown snake.
“The first baby browns appeared after Cane dug around,” said Wild Conservation. “Then just as we raised the slab, a 3 foot red bellied black snake came out and was quickly caught, and after looking around a bit more, Rachael pulled a 2 foot eastern snake at full speed from under the slab. Saw a brown snake.”
Missing Indonesian grandmother eaten alive by 22-foot python
The conservation organization said the large snakes were found with opaque eyes and rough skin, possibly due to the abundance of food in the area such as frogs, skinks and young snakes.
“We will be back there soon to clear the path and monitor any more snakes being moved to a safer location,” Wild Conservation said.
Eastern brown snakes are responsible for more snakebites in Australia than any other species. The snake is native to eastern and central Australia and southern New Guinea and is a notoriously aggressive snake, known to bite people when they stumble or surprise them. It can also run at a speed of 12 mph.
Click here to get the Fox News app
Their poison is considered to be the second most toxic poison in the world. The venom contains a potent neurotoxin that slowly shuts down the victim’s heart, lungs, and diaphragm, causing the person to suffocate.
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.